AIS Receiver (easyAIS3 series)
The easyAIS3 is the new AIS receiver in the Weatherdock product family. The small size of such a device makes it possible for the easyAIS3 to be a perfect companion on the next charter cruise. Via USB cable, the 5 Volt power supply can be made from a power bank or a laptop. In addition, the connection of the power supply to the electrical system on board is also possible.
The device has a 2-channel receiver, with which the two AIS frequencies are permanently monitored. With a VHF antenna, a mobile AIS system can be set up on the charter vessels if no AIS is available.
The AIS signals transmitted by commercial vessels (Class A) and pleasure boats (Class B) are received by the easyAIS3, converted into a NMEA protocol and forwarded to a connected chart plotter, where the received ship positions can be displayed in real time. The same is possible via USB connection to a PC or laptop with AIS capable software.
As a permanent installation aboard your own ship, you need a VHF antenna to receive the AIS data, which is placed as high as possible on the ship. For a possible simultaneous use of the VHF antenna for AIS and VHF radio an antenna splitter, at best the easySPLIT3, is needed.
- AIS reception of both AIS frequencies
(161.025 MHz + 162.025 MHz)
- High channel sensitivity
- AIS data output via
- WiFi (optional)
- 5V power supply via:
- USB cable from PC/MAC or laptop
- USB cable from Power Bank
- 5V adapter
- 2 Channel receiver to receive AIS data on both AIS channels 975 MHz and 162.025 MHz
- Reception of Class A, Class B, AtoN and SART telegrams
- Channel sensetivity: <-112 dBm
- Channel spacing: 25 kHz
- Connection plugs
- VHF antenna (IN/OUT): BNC, 50 Ohm
- Power: USB: 5V ≥ 200mA
- NMEA0183: 2 pins, cable enclosed
- WiFi antenna (optional): SMA, 50 Ohm
- Baudrate NMEA0183: 38,4 kBd
- NMEA output message: VDM
- Operating temperature: under deck, -10° C – +55° C
- Storage temperature: -20°C – +60°C
- IP54 (protected against dust and spray water on all sides)
- Dimensions (L/W/H): 135 mm x 100 mm x 55 mm
- Weight: approx. 250 g