- General Information
- Technical Data
- Advantages over competitors
- Optional Functionality available
Real-Time vessel & object monitoring by VHF
The system allows persistent locating and monitoring of vessels and moving objects in a special area via VHF technologies. The vmsTRACK-PRO-CS is working with CSTDMA Class B transmission functionality. CSTDMA is the abbreviation for “Carrier Sense Time Division Multiple Access”, which is used for AIS Class B units. The vmsTRACK-PRO-CS operates on the principle “listen before talk”. If a transmission is due, the transceiver watches the dedicated slot and if there is no transmission in the slot from a Class A transceiver, then the CSTDMA unit starts transmission on its own in this slot.
Palm-sized for every request
The vmsTRACK-PRO-CS is a small portable “grab’n’go” position transmitter, which broadcasts in a pre-set time interval via VHF radio frequencies. The unit is ideal for coastal fishing fleet, movement monitoring of harbour vessels, small target tracking and pleasure boaters tracking. It is suitable for fishermen, vessels, leisure boats, ski jets, harbour crafts, pilot vessels, etc. The system is expandable to a full target management system. With the usage of the vmsTRACK-PRO-CS real-time-tracking system, a radar-less traffic monitoring system for economic application is possible. By means of the transmission, information about current GPS position as well as curse and speed over ground of the object, real-time-tracking and monitoring of objects is possible for a base station. Such a base station only needs a special tuned receiver unit to get these position reports, if customized frequencies are used. The creation of a “closed user group” is possible with such a system, in which only the base station has the permission to look into, thanks to these customized frequencies. The vmsTRACK-PRO-CS is also able to run on regular AIS frequencies which makes a special tuned receiver needless.
Geo fencing possible
Special areas can be programmed into the unit (not to enter or not to leave). They are called “Geo-Fence-Areas”. The vmsTRACK-PRO-CS unit gives visual alerting by flashing LED if this geo-fence-function is triggered and a special information message is immediately sent to the base station. Only the base station will be able to interprete this message.
Intelligent tamper-proof solution
If the unit is stolen or tampered, an intelligent high tech solution will trigger a flashing LED to inform the vessel’s Captain. A special message is also sent to the base station. This special message is sent within the normal position report, but only the base station can decode it.
“Who and Where” for coastal security and fleet management
The real-time-knowledge of “who and where?” is very important in administration of coastal fishing fleets, as well as in coastal boarder security issues. By transmission of special names and unit IDs, “friend or foe” identifying is possible.
Additional emergency distress button
The small vmsTRACK has got an additional emergency distress button. By triggering the alert function, additional to the regular position report on special frequency, according to customer’s specification and with approval of the national authority, an official emergency message will be sent out on both regular AIS frequencies to reach every AIS receiver within transmission range of the vmsTRACK.
Individualization of vmsTRACK units
The vmsTRACK units can be individualized by means of programming ship name, type of vessel as well as area of activity into the unit for transmission. The pre-set time interval is free to definee: each second up to 1 time per hour, everything is possible. The bigger the time gap is, the longer the battery capacity will be. E. g. once per minute will last for a couple of days. The power supply for the vmsTRACK unit on a small fishing vessel can be done by solar panel. This will continuously charge the transmitter.
Basic needs fulfilled
This small device is waterproof to a depth of 10 meters.
Different power supply solutions possible
There are 3 ways of using the vmsTRACK-PRO-CS with reference to power supply.
- Charging station Staying independent by own rechargeable batteries going to be charged by own charging station (A122 Tamperproof & Powersocket)
- Board net Fixed solution by means of connection to 9-32VDC board net power supply. This will give permanent intelligent recharging (special modification of charging station on demand).
- Solar panel Persistent external power supply with permanent intelligent recharging. This will be a fully self contained solution for permanent operation.
What is needed to run the vmsTRACK?
Each object going to be monitored needs a vmsTRACK. The charging station provides intelligent and ideal charging which ensures the long lifespan of the batteries. The vmsTRACK is factory pre-set to a custom frequency for “closed user groups”.
- Portable VHF position transmitter
- Position report on proprietary frequencies for “closed user groups”
(128 Bit encrypted)
- AIS or customized VHF frequencies in accordance to existing base stations possible
- certified as AIS CSTDMA transponder (CSTDMA – Carrier Sense Time Devision Multiple Access)
“available on demand”
- Embedded geo reference coast line table
- Separate distress/alert button
- Intelligent high tech tamper proof solution
- Waterproof to 10m depth – Ip6
- Palm size and easy portability
- Power output approx 3W
- Built-in rechargeableNiMH battery
(lifespan according to preset transmission interval)
- Transmission range of approx. 10 NM
(depending on the height of the receiving antenna)
- Made in Germany
- Transmission power: >= 1 W (usually for objects)
- Specifiable frequency range from 156,025 MHz to 162.025 MHz,
25 kHz channel spacing
(Please ask your local authority for costumer frequencies.)
- Operating temperature range:
-10 °C to +65 °C
- Storage temperature range:
-30 °C to +65 °C
- charging temperature 0° C to + 45° C
(L x W x H): 130 x 70 x 30 mm
- Weight: 250 g
- A121 Charging station (quantity and type depends on the customer requirement).
Other charging stations cannot be used!
- Portable easyINFOBOX with a customized receiver and a terminal device
- Customized receiver to connect it to customary display devices
- PC software to display the data
- Solar Panel Power Supply
On special request the vmsTRACK-PRO-CS go with integral BLUETOOTH®LE modul for special applications.
Using the BLUETOOTH®LE connectivity on your smartphone, it is possible to remote control the vmsTRACK-PRO-CS (push buttons) and to see the status (LED display).
Android® and IOS® apps are available to use this functionality.