Running out mid/end 2017!
Service for this equipment continues!
The easySPLIT OCB (OCB stand for “operates Class B) is checking whether there is a transmission power from the VHF radio or from the Class B AIS receiver to the Antenna. When this is the case the easySPLIT disconnects the other connected units very quickly (the AIS receiver and the car radio). If all the units are in reception mode, the units are all connected to the same antenna.
A quick disconnection is necessary because the Class B AIS Transceiver transmit their signal with a power of 2 W in a very short period of time. Therefore, the used splitter, the easySPLIT OCB, must disconnect the other units even faster than the Class B AIS transceiver is giving out its message. The easySPLIT OCB is disconnecting the other units in less than
What else do I need to use the easySPLIT OCB?
You do not need anything apart from your already existing units (e.g. VHF antenna) and of course a power supply.
What is suitable for the easySPLIT OCB?
All existing VHF radios, all existing AIS Class B transceiver and all existing FM radios can be connected to the easySPLIT. Nevertheless, the optimum of performance can be achieved if you use other units of the Weatherdock AG because these units are perfectly-matched.
- Frequency selective power divider with 2 transmit/receive ports (VHF radio and Class B AIS) and 1 receiver port
- VHF radio (IN/OUT): 50Ohm, SO239
- AIS transceiver: 50Ohm, BNC
- FM radio: 50 Ohm, BNC
- VHF antenna: 50Ohm, SO 239
- Power: 9v-28VDC, @<120mA (average of different operation modes)
- Operation conditions: under deck, 0°C to 60°C
- 140 mm (l) x 140 mm (w) x 35 mm (h)
- Weight: approx. 400 g
- Active VHF Splitter to connect to the existing VHF antenna:
- VHF radio
- AIS transceiver Class B (recommended
- for use with easyTRX) or AIS receiver
- FM car radio
- Enlarged DC power input
- Item number A027