This product is no longer produced.
We continue to offer the service for easyAIRDROP devices.
Our easyRESCUE Rescue Transmitters have a basic approval and do not have to be registered anymore!
rescue teams, such as SAR airplanes or SAR helicopters.
Packed in a water protected box, the easyAIRDROP with the built in AIS S.A.R.T. is ready to go for a situation of emergency. Just open the box, get the easyAIRDROP and throw it out. An automatic triggering function activates the internal VHF rescue locator when it is submerged into the water.
Being activated once, the unit transmits a current AIS emergency telegram to all AIS receivers
within range. Position is updated every minute with COG, SOG and identification number of the unit.
The air deployable housing is made of 2 floatable plastic parts and is kept together with 2 straps. A soluble tablet will fix the straps until the whole unit is submerged into water.
The AIS S.A.R.T. locator unit easyRESCUE with its antenna folded, is mounted inside the housing.
By dissolving the tablet, the housing is opened, the antenna unfolds and the unit starts transmission by water activation. A weight at the bottom will keep the easyAIRDROP-RESCUE in upright position for best possible radiation.
With the long antenna radio range will be 9 to 12 nm to a vessel. SAR airplanes or helicopters will receive the signal in a distance of up to 80 nm by 500 feet flight level.
What is necessary to run the easyAIRDROP-RESCUE?
The easyAIRDROP with the internal AIS S.A.R.T. unit is ready: „grab and go“
To receive the transmitted signal, an AIS capable chart plotter or PC software is required to display the rescue relevant data.
- Internal fully approved & certified VHF rescue locator unit easyRESCUE
- Approvals by
* German Federal Maritime Agency BSH
* United States FCC
* United States Coast Guard
- Water activation when submerged
- Current GPS position via VHF – the fastest rescue possible
- Floatable due to special housing
- High radio range
* up to 12 nm (on water surface with 20 ft receiving antenna height)
* up to 80 nm (flight level 500 ft)
- 96 hours continuous transmission after VHF rescue locator unit is activated (SOLAS standard)
- BSH approval for base unit easyRESCUE
- Radiated RF power, approx. 2 W
- Dimensions of easyAIRDROP housing
# Height: 13 cm
# Width: 20 cm
# Weight: approx. 750 gram
- Operating conditions: -20°C – +65°C
- Battery lifespan: 5 years