ME SENSE sensor bilge
IoT Bluetooth® sensor to detect rising bilge water
The mechanical float detects a rising water level in the bilge as quickly as possible.
- No cable connection from the sensor to the ME SENSE RELAY necessary
- Manual float connected to sensor by cable
The assembly of the sensor for the bilge water is somewhat more complex than with the other sensors. The exposed float should be placed so that it moves freely, i. H. can “float”. For this purpose, the installation height must be defined so that rising water in the bilge can be detected and an alarm can be given from this height.
In addition, the position of the sensor and the float must be selected in such a way that the natural rolling movement of the ship and a possible banked position on the “upwind course” do not lead to false triggering of the sensor. This results in a position in the bilge that is midships and is aligned to the bow or stern. Attaching it to the port or starboard side therefore makes no sense.
Furthermore, during installation, care must be taken to ensure that the sensor housing itself does not come into contact with water.
- Dimensions (L/W/H): 50 x 50 x 20 mm
- Weight: 27 grams
- Operating temperature range: -20° Celsius to +70° Celsius
- Storage temperature range: -40° Celsius to +70° Celsius
- Operating voltage: 3V DC
- Battery life: 1.5 years Battery type: CR2450
Bluetooth® Low Energy
- Frequency band: 2.400 – 2.4835 GHz
- Supported modes: Bluetooth® 5.0