AIS AtoN = Aid to Navigation
AIS transponder as a navigation aid to enable nearby ships to identify buoys, beacons or floating objects in real time on the AIS chart display.
AIS Aid to Navigation (AtoN) transceiver Type 3
The easyAtoN is a Type 3 AIS transponder used as Aid to Navigation station to provide location an identification of buoys, beacons or floating objects to nearby vessels on AIS chart display in real-time.
The easyAtoN has a rugged, waterproof and dust resistant houseing according to protection class IP67. The device can be mounted easily on fixed or floating objects, e. g. buoys to prevent collisions by transmitting the identification and position of the mark. The unit is able to create “synthetic”, “virtual” as well as “real” electronical navigation marks who appear on AIS capable electronic chart plotter or navigation PC-software.
The easyAtoN is developed for the typical usage at marina or harbor entries, maritime warning signs or any kind of fixed or floating navigational marker buoys.
The easyAtoN is a small VHF based AIS transceiver which can e mounted on a buoy or at a pole. With the integrated AIS receiver the easyAtoN can synchronize itself with the AIS time-slot-scheme and transmit the navigation information within the free slots so no message will be overwritten. The syncronization with the AIS traffic can be done by FATDMA or RATDMA.
The easyAtoN uses the AIS system to broadcast up to 31 real, synthetic and/or virtual navigation marker positions to all AIS receivers within the vicinity.
Types of AtoN
- Real AIS AtoN – A physical navigation aid on which an AIS transmitter is mounted and from which AIS messages are sent.
- Synthetic AIS AtoN – A physical navigation aid without an AIS transmitter, but for which AIS messages are sent from another (usually land-based) location.
- Virtual AIS AtoN – A non-physical navigation aid for which AIS messages are sent from another location.
- Capability of generating virtual and synthetic AtoN navigation marks
- Integrated GPS Source
- AIS Class B FATDMA or RATDMA (by software selectable)
- Anti-Tamper proof
- Waterproof and dust resistant (IP67)
- Low power consumption
- Transmitter: 1 Transmitter (AIS1/AIS2)
- Receiver: 2 Receiver (AIS1/AIS2), DSC (AIS Channel Management)
- Marine Band: 156,025MHz – 162,025MHz
- AIS1: 161,975MHz
- AIS2: 162,025MHz
- Transmission Power: 5Watt (50Ohm)
- Channel width/grid: 25kHz
- Modulation: GMSK (AIS, TX and RX)
- Transmission rate: 9600bit/s (AIS)
- Sensitivity: -114dBm 25kHz (<20% PER)
- Co-channel rejection: 10dB
- Adjacent channel rejection: 70dB
- Intermodulation: 65dB
- Blocking: 84dB
- Board voltage: 12V DC / 24V DC
- Operating voltage range: 9,6 to 31,2V DC
- Input: 2,9W at 12V DC
- Current consumption: 2A (Senden), 240mA (Stand.) at 12V DC
- GPS/GNSS Receiver (internal): 72 Channel GNSS Receiver
(# GPS, # GLONASS, # GALILEO)
- Interfaces: 3x NMEA0183 IN/3x NMEA0183 OUT
- Connections (standard version):
- 18 pin plug
- VHF antenna connection (N-Connector)
- GPS antenna connection (BNC)
- Data type NMEA output: VDM
- Operating temperature: -15 °C to + 55 °C
- Storage temperature: -20 °C to + 75 °C
- Safety distance compass: min. 40 cm
- Dimensions (L/W/H): 195mm x 135mm x 60mm
- Weight: approx. 700 grams
- AIS Standards: IEC 62320-2:2017, ITU-R M.1371-5
- Environmental: IEC 60945:2002 + Corr.1:2018
- GPS Performance: IEC 61108-1:2003
- Product Safety: EN 60950-1:2006