The easyRESCUE-A transmits the position of liferaft in distress directly to all AIS receivers within range.
Substantial modification to the equivalent easyRESCUE is the “auto activation” mode. It triggers if the device has complete water contact for more than 2 sec. If the RESCUE-A is activated it repeats a constant AIS radio signal. Of course, the manual activation by pressing the “ON”-Button is still possible.
How does the easyRESCUE-A work?
With a built in GPS the easyRESCUE-A transmits an emergency AIS-S.A.R.T. message which triggers an alarm on all AIS enabled chart plotters / Pc’s within range, along with the LAT/Long of the liferaft in distress. The GPS is a new generation fast acquiring type and the VHF AIS transmitter repeats the message and position several times per minute. This enables all vessels within range to assist with the rescue if they have an AIS receiver or an AIS transponder.
What else do I need?
An AIS receiver or transponder connected to a chart plotter/PC. The easyRESCUE-A have to be attached to a liferaft/lifeboat. A test button allows regular test of GPS function, battery state etc.
- BSH approval: BSH / 4615 / 4361565 / 10 (for easyRESCUE)
- Transmission power: approx. 2 W
- Integrated, fastest at the market available GPS receiver
- Waterproof, 10m depth (IP68)
- Ambient operating conditions: -20°C bis 65°C
- Length 125mm, Width 68mm, Height 30mm
- Weight: approx. 210g
- Battery lifespan: 5 years (If not used, except for self test)
- Service interval – after use or after 5 years, wichever comes first
- AIS S.A.R. Transmitter
- Automatic activation by water contact for longer then one second between antenna axis and left backside screw.
- 96h transmission time after activation
- Simple self test for function check
- Long battery standby time = long service intervals
- Smallest existing SART transmitter
- Unique ident number of the unit
- Made in Germany by market leader
- Transmission range up to 25nm (Dependent on wave and receiver-antenna height)
- The parent ship knows where the liferaft / lifeboat is
- Automatic activation
- Other vessels can assist with the search
- No central Coastguard or call center required to redistribute the information
- No annual charge or subscription