All the easyTRX2S series have a great variety of applications: You can connect it to a PC or laptop through a USB port. Using a software, you can choose the speed transmission between 38400 or 4800 Baud data rate. Function activity is shown by 8 LED’s. The easyTRX2S is able to interpret incoming AIS data for CPA alert or AIS S.A.R.T. emergency messages. Additionally, the easyTRX2S devices can be used as power source for external alerting devices. All received and transmitted AIS data can be stored in and internal SD Card recorder. With the build-in multiplexer input, 3 devices with different baud rate can be plugged to the easyTRX2S units. The external cable gives the possibility to choose between “silent mode” or “PAN PAN emergency call”.
The integrated VHF antenna splitter enables to use an existing VHF for AIS and HF radio at the same time. Before the incoming signals are separated, the built-in pre-amplifier increases the signal strength to avoid physical loss.
The integrated GPS antenna is the new part of this AIS transceiver unit. This reduces the need of an external GPS antenna mounted on deck if the easyTRX2-iGPS is going to be used on Polyester boats.
For stainless steel vessels this unit is not useful. Here you have to connect a separate GPS antenna to the unit.
The easyTRX2S units with the appendix “IGPS” contain an integrated GPS antenna with 50 channel receiver. These units are designed to be used on polyester boats because there is no GPS interference. The ClassB can be mounted under deck but above sea level.
By means of this integrated GPS antenna a separate mounted external GPS antenna is no longer needed.
With Stainless steel boats as well as Kevlar and aluminum boats these units cannot be used. In such cases an external separate GPS antenna for the ClassB unit is mandatory.
What is needed to run the easyTRX2S?
The Class B device needs a separate GPS antenna and an own VHF antenna. As an alternative you can run the easyTRX2S with the VHF antenna switch easySPLIT-OCB to use your existing VHF antenna. A separate GPS antenna is still needed. Another alternative is the VHF/GPS combi antenna.
easyTRX2S and gadgets that fit together
Your PC has to work at least on WIN XP SP2 and screen resolution 1024*768 for configuration. Plotter or PC software have to be compatible with AIS to display incoming AIS data on the screen. A MMSI number is required to broadcast data – you will get it from German “Bundesnetzagentur” or the competent authority on your country. Your distributor will program this number on your easyTRX2S.
- Integrated VHF splitter with pre-amplifier
- Integrated GPS antenna for polyester boats
- Additional USB port for more connectivity
- 38400 or 4800 Baud rate selection possible by software
- 8 operating LEDs for more convenience
- SD Card recorder for blackbox employment
- Enlarged voltage input
- Integrated multiplexer
- Separate cable harness for “silent mode” or “PAN PAN” persistent signal
- Plotter independent CPA alert
- Plotter independent AIS S.A.R.T. alert
- AIS receiver and transmitter with integrated GPS receiver
- 1 transmitter, 2 receiver
- Responsivity: -107dBm minimum, typically -112dBm
- Data rate: 38400 or 4800 Baud, bi-directional
- NMEA telegram type: VDM
- Adapter VFH antenna: 50 Ohm, SO2239
- Adapter GPS antenna: 50 Ohm, BNC
- Cabin mounting, IP60, -25°C – 55°C
- Dimensions: 198mm (L) 158mm (W) 47mm (H)
- Weight: approx. 275 grams
- Integrated GPS antenna with 50-channel receiver
- USB port
- 38400 or 4800 baud selectable via software
- Plotter independent CPA alert
- SD Card recorder
- Integrierter Multiplexer