AIS Class B Transceiver with SOTDMA Technology
Navigation with the latest AIS technology for Class B in a self-organized transmission process.
Be seen with increased visibility!
5 Watt radiated power
Higher transmission rates
Integrated VHF splitter
easyTRX3 standard version
easyTRX3 with WiFi
easyTRX3 with WiFi and LAN
easyTRX3 with DVB-T2 & DAB+
easyTRX3 with WiFi, DVB-T2 and DAB+
AIS Class B Transciver SOTDMA – Be seen with increased visibility!
5 Watt radiated transmission power, faster transmission rates and SOTDMA technologies – all this benefits contains the new easyTRX3, the new AIS Class B generation from Weatherdock.
The rigid and waterproof housing of the easyTRX3 has up to date plug connectivity for NMEA2000, 3*NMEA0183 as well as USB.
The Class B transceiver can easily be configured at home because power supply is given via USB when connected to the PC. It is the same with the internal storage: no external power supply for read out the data.
The easyTRX3 is working with SOTDMA technologies. This means that the device scans for used time slots and will reserve available slots for own transmission. Other AIS Class B units are informed that this slot will be used also for next transmission as well. Thanks to the increased radiated transmission power of 5 Watt and the subject to speed transmission rate, the new easyTRX3 will increase your navigational work and your safety board – to see and to be even better seen – what else do you need?
The modular design allows the easyTRX3 to meet future requirements. The device can be equipped and extended with other modules such as WiFi, LAN, FM, DAB+ and DVB-T2 or 3G mobile phone.
Expansion modules (optional)
- FM, DAB+ & DVB-T2
- AIS Class B SOTDMA
- 5 Watt radiated power
- Higher transmission rates (subject to speed)
- Integrated VHF splitter
- Intregrated GPS antenna and receiver
- NMEA2000, NMEA0183 and USB Port connectivity
- CPA-Alarm & Anchor-Alarm
- Internal storage; read-out with USB power supply possible
- Configuration with USB power supply possible
- Reading out the internal data memory with USB power supply possible
- Rigid and waterproof housing
- Conform to the new international standard IEC62287-2
The optional product variant “DVB-T2” comes along with an additional DAB+ board. This board allows to connect the antenna cable of a DAB+ Radio receiver with an F-connector. The board is working as a kind of antenna and amplifies the received DAB+ signals a little bit before forwarding them to the DAB+ receiver. The DAB+ board does not contain an integrated splitter for DAB+. The DAB+ signals will not be received by the top of the mast VHF antenna and not be forwarded to the easyTRX3.
- 1 channel VHF transponder
- 2 channel VHF receiver for 161.975 MHz and 162.025 MHz AIS frequencies
- Multi-channel GPS receiver
- Channel sensitivity: ≤ -112 dBm
- Protection class IP67 (dust and waterproof against temporary submersion)
- GPS antenna connector
- Installation below deck
- Operating temperature: -10 °C – + 55 °C
- NMEA telegram type: VDM
- Transmitting power: 5 watts / 1 watt
- Dimensions (L/W/H): 180mm x 120mm x 50mm
- Weight: approx. 700 grams
With the easyTRX3-Manager app, all settings of the easyTRX3 can be easily and conveniently made via a smartphone or tablet.
- Definition of static data (MMSI, name, call sign and type of ship)
- Configuration of the interfaces (USB, NMEA0183, NMEA2000)
- Anchor and CPA alarm can be switched on and off