On the following days in May 2018, our office will be closed due to public holidays or bridging days:
April 30th, 2018 – bridging day
May 1st, 2018 – Labor Day
May 10th, 2018 – Ascension of Christ
May 21st, 2018 – Whit Monday
May 31st, 2018 – Corpus Christi
We will process your requests as soon as possible.
Thank you for your understanding.
Post from the Caribbean …
… actually from Le Marin on the island of Martinique. One of our customers sent a big compliment to the Weatherdock team and of course our products in this way – “great service, great equipment!”.
The trip started in Italy and went via Barbados and Cuba to Trinidad – “always good, safe & easy thanks to AIS”. That makes us happy. It is very exciting for us to see where our customers are traveling around.
Many Thanks for the Postcard!
From time to time we update our devices regarding the firmware. Within that update we implement new functions or remove code issues. How to update the firmware, will be explained below.
- Your easyTRX2 / easyTRX2-S
- Connect it to power 12/24V DC, also connect USB to your Windows PC / Laptop
- If USB is not recognized, you can download the driver from here:
- Firmware of your device:
Download the right ZIP file for your device and unpack it to get the contained *.wdc file. This is the actual firmware you need.
- The latest Programming-Tool which you can download here:
That means also: Open the ZIP document and start the contained EXE file.
Updating the Firmware
- Open the Programming-Tool which you downloaded before. If applicable you´ll find a shortcut on your desktop.
- Select the right COM port of your device, mostly it’s the highest number. In our example its COM9
Wait until the bar is fully green.
- Now press File>Update
- Select “Open update file” and search for your firmware (*.wdc) which you downloaded before.
- Start the update by pressing “Start Update”
- Wait again until the bar is fille fully green and you see the popup window “Update successfully finished”.
- Done, your device is updated successfully
There is a firmware update for our AIS transmitters and receivers easyTRX2-S. For devices with N2K (NMEA2000) this fixes a bug that leads to an invalid GPS position.
The Weatherdock AG team wishes Happy Easter!
From March 30th 2018 until April 02nd 2018 our office will be closed due to the holidays. From April 03rd 2018 we are back as usual for you and answer your requests as soon as possible.
We thank you for your understanding and wish you happy holidays!
You can reach the Weatherdock service team with a direct telephone extension now. There you will be gladly helped with technical questions.
We are looking forward to your call at:
+49 (0)911 376638 57
Weatherdock presents the portable UKW position transmitter ALARIS100 at the GPEC (General Police Equipment Exhibition & Conference) for Live-GPS-Position-Reporting.
The topic of security is increasingly important. The 10th GPEC informs with 579 exhibitors and more than 5,500 visitors about news, trends and developments in the field of police and special equipment.
Weatherdock is a proud exhibitor of a real-time tracking system at this year’s exhibition. The specially developed ALARIS100 location transmitter, in conjunction with the RX2 S-LAN receiver unit, is a system for Live-GPS-Position-Reporting. With the handy transmitter, live positions of the individual task forces and groups can be sent to the operations center. Specially developed for law enforcement agencies and mobile operations groups, transmission is reliable and encrypted over FM frequencies.
Weatherdock will be represented in hall 11.0 at booth D018 at the GPEC. The closed specialized trade fair takes place 20th to 22nd of February 2018 in Frankfurt am Main.
Our new easyRESCUE-PRO app for Apple iPhone and iPad is now available for free on the App Store.
Both the easyRESCUE-PRO and the new easyONE-DSC-CL can be configured with this app. Via Bluetooth you can store up to 8 MMSI numbers. In case of an emergency an alert is sent by DSC to these ships.
With that holder the easyONE emergency transmitter is always ready at hand.
Whether on the deck or directly in the companionway, with the flexible holder the easyONE is safely stowed on board and quickly in hand in case of an emergency. The holder is weather-resistant and can be screwed or glued depending on the substrate.
- Color: red
Dimensions: 8 x 8 x 3,5 cm
- Material: shockproof plastic with gripping part made of rubbery, flexible plastic
Mobile 2-channel AIS receiver based on a Raspberry Pi®
The new raspAIS from Weatherdock is equipped with a latest generation 2-channel-receiver for parallel and persistant reception of the two AIS frequencies.
The unit picks up all kind of AIS signals:
AIS Class A, AIS Class B, AIS SART, AIS MOB as well as AtoN signals will be received out of the vicinity.
A low power consumption management ensures that as less power as possible will be used running the system.
The collected data will be interpreted and forwarded to a connected mobile device for displaying on an electronic chart.
As the central basic component a Raspberry Pi® Modell 3B is doing a perfect job in the background. Due to the wide range of possible connectivity, received AIS data can be forwarded via WiFi or LAN connection.
- Real parallel AIS reception mode on both AIS
frequencies (161,025 MHz + 162,025 MHz)
- High channel sensivity
- Multi-Port data output
- HDMI port
- AUX output for speaker
- LAN and WiFi connectivity
- Pre-installed AIS capable software
- Less power consumption
How to run
With the received AIS data there are several ways to work with the raspAIS for display and navigation:
- via WiFi connection to a smartphone or table
The used mobile device has to be connected to the WiFi network of the raspAIS. Within the AIS capable app on the mobile device IP and port of the raspAIS has to figured in.
- via HDMI conection to a PC or TV screen
The integrated AIS software running in the background is managing all neccessary steps to display the position reports of all abjects around you. PC or TV screen is used as huge display.
- via WiFi connection to a smartphone or table without AIS app
With a free of charge software running on the used mobile device you will be able to mirroring the raspAIS display. Just connect the mobile device to the WiFi network of the raspAIS.
But the new raspAIS is even more than an AIS receiver. It can also be used as a multimedia center for videos and audio content. 4 USB slots keep enough space for USB storage additional connected to mouse and keyboard.
- 2-Channel VHF receiver for both AIS frequencies
- Connection port for mobile AIS antenna
- Connection ports for USB, LAN, HDMI & 3,5mm audio-out
- WiFi and LAN connectivity
- Pre-installed AIS software „openPlotter“
- based on Raspberry PI® Modell 3B
- palm-sized housing: 85 x 56 x 45mm
- only 150g weight
- external GPS source required
Like any AIS receiver, the easyRX-LAN receives the telegrams of the Class A and Class B transceivers. A novelty of the easyRX-LAN is the LAN module, which enables a direct connection to an existing computer network. Likewise, the recording of the NMEA data into the WWW can be realized without any detours.
What is necessary to connect an easyRX LAN?
First, there must be a working computer network. In addition to a 12 volt DC power supply you need a standard LAN cable RJ45 and an VHF antenna.
Which PC software is the easyRX-LAN suitable for?
Any PC software that can process and display AIS data is suitable to be used with the easyRX LAN.
To configure the easRX-LAN, a PC is required. (at least WIN XP or higher)
- LAN output and serial interface type NMEA 0183
- 12 volt plug included
- Forwarding of NMEA data possible
- in local network
- in www
- Installation easyRX LAN via IP address (DHCP or fixed IP)
- Possible applications
- port authorities
- Commercial shipping
- Info stations along the shoreline
- 2 channel AIS receiver for AIS data on 161.975 MHz and 162.025 MHz frequencies
- Channel spacing: 25 kHz
- Sensitivity: -113 dBm
- Datarate: 9600 Bps
- Antenna impedance: 50 Ohm
- Electrical connection data
- Antenna input: PL
- LAN connection: RJ45
- Data transfer rate: 38,4 kB
- Format: NMEA 0183
- NMEA telegram type: VDM
- Baudrate: changable 38400 or 4800, bidirectional
- NMEA Telegramtype : VDM
- Connector VFH antenna: 50 Ohm, SO2239
- Connector GPS antenna: 50 Ohm, BNC
- Cabin mounting, IP60, -25°C – 55°C
- 198mm (L) 158mm (W) 47mm (H)
- Weight: 275 g.
- Fully automatic release
- AIS + DSC & HOMING emergency messages and location signal
- Range up to 15 nm (depending on the height of the receiving antenna)
- Buoyant without a buoyancy aid
- Up to 8 different MMSI numbers programmable via Bluetooth and app for DSC “closed loop”
Our easyRESCUE Rescue Transmitters have a basic approval and do not have to be registered anymore!
Some easyONE-DSC devices with service interval Feb/2026 to May/2026 may have a faulty “test” function. However, the functionality in the “Alert” mode is guaranteed.
In the context of preventive user safety, we ask you to return equipment with the above service interval to the company Weatherdock for inspection if necessary.
- Fully automatic triggering
- AIS + DSC emergency messages
- Compatible with all automatic lifejackets
- Floatable without buoyancy aid
- 24+ hours of battery life after activation
Our easyONE-DSC Rescue Transmitters have a basic approval and do not have to be registered anymore!
German YACHT magazine once again tested AIS MOB devices available on the market for their strengths and weaknesses
In early August the well known German YACHT magazine worked out a huge test event at the Baltic sea. The goal was to find out which AIS MOB device is the best on the market available.
With very successful 88 from 100 possible points the AIS MOB easyONE from German Weatherdock AG gets the TOP grade of this challenge.
The big advantages of the easyONE which bring it on TOP of the list are,
• self-floating in upright position
• without buoyancy aid
• usage with every automatic life jacket
• highest transmission range
• full stand alone functionality with automatic activation
• long battery lifetime of more than 24 hours
AIS MOB emergency transmitter can make the difference between saving or losing a life at sea. The current GPS position of the victim will be updated every minute and broadcasted to every AIS receiver system in the vicinity of up to 10 nautical miles and more. The transmitted data also include course and speed over ground of the victim in the current.
Weatherdock AG is proud to be the winner of this competition in front of other manufactures and we take this first place as an incentive to keep on working hard to realize the best products possible.