The year is coming to an end and the christmas season begins. We would like to take this opportunity and thank you very much for your trust in our company this year.
We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2019.
Our opening hours during the holidays:
We are there for you until Dec. 20th 2018
Office closed from Dec. 21st 2018 to Jan. 1st 2019
Normal business operation from Jan. 2nd 2019
In order to guarantee the functionality of our devices, a regular service is necessary. This must be done by specially trained and certified distributors or Weatherdock itself. Contact your Weatherdock dealer where you purchased your device(s) or contact us directly.
For your own safety, the service can not be done by yourself. Never open our devices by yourself.
The easyRESCUE AIS SART devices require a service after 5 years.
The easyONE MOB devices need service after 7 years.
The next due service is noted on each device on the back.
When is a service necessary?
- Device has been activated in the ON mode for alerting
- Device has been put into test mode 30 times
We recommend to check the devices at regular intervals:
- easyRESCUE recommendation: max. 6 tests per year
- easyONE recommendation: approx. 4 tests per year
- The service date has been exceeded, see device rear
What is checked at the service?
- functional test
- Check battery, replace this
- Replacing the seals
- Check tightness
- Optical inspection for visible damage
- Reset to factory settings, extend service date by 5 or 7 years
After successful service, the devices receive a sticker with the next service date, which is repeated again in 5 or 7 years.
Wolfgang Werner (CTO), Michael Knipp (Marketing & PR), Alfred Kotouczek-Zeise (CEO), Jürgen Zimmermann (CTO)
(from left to right)
Handover of the trophy to Weatherdock
Source: Studio Vohler/Bayern International
Group picture of all winners
Source: Studio Vohler/Bayern International
Company Video – Weatherdock AG
Award ceremony from November 21st, 2018
BR Rundschau Magazin from November 21st, 2018
BR Frankenschau Aktuell from November 22nd, 2018
The DLR (German Aerospace Center) developed together with Weatherdock as industrial partner the new ship information system AIS-Plus.
The aim of the project was to create a complete picture of the harbor situation. In comparison to conventional AIS receivers, the position reports with AIS-Plus have greater reliability (50% more signals) and a longer range (95 km instead of 65 km).
In mid-November AIS-Plus was successfully tested in the port of Rotterdam and presented at the SME Conference 2018 in Berlin.
From 13th to 15th of November 2018, Weatherdock will once again be represented at the METS in Amsterdam. We will present our latest products and will gladly answer your questions.
The METS TRADE is the world’s largest B2B trade fair for marine equipment, materials and systems. Founded in 1988, it is considered a platform for innovation, market development and networking.
We are looking forward to your visit in hall 1 at booth 123!
All information and appointment
The development of the easyTRX3, the successor of our popular Class B AIS transceiver easyTRX2S, is at least in the final phase! The device will be available from January 2019.
All product highlights:
- Higher transmission power (5 watts, instead of 2 watts)
- Faster transfer rate at higher speeds (every 15 instead of every 30 seconds)
- ridgid and waterproof housing
- modern connections (NMEA2000, USB)
- SOTDMA Technology (Self-Organizing Time Division Multiple Access, like Class A, instead of CSTDMA)
- MTM – Maritime Text Messenger (send & receive Short Text Messages)
Available product variants
- easyTRX3 (A20000)
- easyTRX3-WiFi (A20001)
View Product Page
Most reliable and best performing Fleet Tracking and Monitoring Transceiver system based on AIS Class B SOTDMA and SAT-COM.
It provides internal GPS, so that no external antenna needs to be connected. It has got 4 slots for additional modules which can be clicked into the housing by a service partner. The mssTRACK housing is small and rugged.
For more information visit our Tracking Webpage or contact us via email: email@example.com
The new IONEER locating beacon enables unlimited traceability available 24/7 with a bi-directional SAT communication module inside.
The IONEER system allows persistent locating and monitoring of vessels or other moving objects in all areas via VHF technologies. The palm-sized position transmitter is reliable working with the AIS Class B CSTDMA (Carrier Sense Time Division Multiple Access) functionality and IRIDIUM® sat network.
After activation the IONEER transmits position reports in a pre-set time interval to a coastal cordination-center to show current location of each fleet vessel.
The default position reporting is done on special customized VHF frequencies or on regular AIS frequencies by using the AIS CSTDMA technology. SAT communication via IRIDIUM® satellite network is provided in addition.
Different power supply solutions
- Charging station
Intelligent recharging of batteries with a special charging station (easyCHARGER A121). Battery runtime is depending on the pre-set transmission intervall.
- Vessel generator or battery
Intelligent recharging with a fixed solution by means of connection to 9-32VDC vessel engine.
- Solar panel
Intelligent recharging with persistent external power supply. Suitable also for small artisanal fishing vessels without electrical power supply.
- Bi-directional SAT-Communication
As soon as a pre-programmed distance from the coastline is overrun, the IONEER unit switches automatically into SAT-Communication via IRIDIUM satellites. AIS based Communication can be done bi-directional: Ship-to-SAT-to-Shore and vice versa.
- Additional „push-to-alert“ button
By triggering the alert button, additional to the regular position report an official AIS emergency message will be send out on both standard AIS frequencies to reach every AIS receiver within transmission range of the vmsTRACK-PRO-CS.
- „Who & Where“ for coastal security and fleet
Real-Time-Knowledge of „who and where“ is very important in administration of coastal fishing fleets as well as for coastal border security issues. By transmission of the unit ID and additional special names the „Friend or Foe“ identifying is easily possible.
Weatherdock´s technology allows the creation of restricted or limited entry zones. These special areas can be programmed into the unit. This “Geo-Fence-Functionality” has many applications, one of them is to help in the protection of our planet but it is also very useful for Coastal Fisheries Management.
Optional Bluetooth functionality
Using the Bluetooth®LE connectivity of your smartphone, it is possible to remote control the vmsTRACK-PRO push buttons and to see the LED status display. Android® and IOS® apps are available free of charge to use this functionality.
Via Bluetooth the usage of the fisher catch report app is the perfect solution for easy catch reporting regarding IUU requirements.
- Intelligent tamper-proof solution
If the unit will be stolen or tampered, an intelligent high tech solution will trigger a flashing LED to inform the vessels captain. A special information message is send to control center immediately in addition.
- Route Data Storage
The vmsTRACK-PRO-CS is able to store waypoints of thousands of nautical miles for better transparency of areas of activity acording the IUU guidelines.
The vmsTRACK-PRO unit can be individualized by means of pre-programming additional data e.g. ship name, type of vessel and area of activity into the unit for transmission.
- Transmission power: >= 2Watt
- Specifiable VHF frequency range from 156.025 to 162.025MHz – 25KHz channel spacing
(please ask your local authority for customized VHF frequencies to use for)
- Operating temperature range: -10°C to +55°C
- Storage temperature range: -30°C to +60°C
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 130 x 70 x 30 mm
- Weight: 250 g
- AIS Class B CSTDMA technology
Our units easyRESCUE-PRO(BT) & easyONE-DSC-CL both have the posibility to transmit and call of DSC closed loop.
This is a adressed message for a closed user group which is directly transmitted to your DSC VHF radio – the mothership.
An open loop is an allships call. Here a call to all ships with a DSC VHF radio within range is made. This kind of alert message is only possible through our easyRESCUE-PRO(BT).
The transmission of a closed loop message is send immediately after activation into the ON mode of both units.
The advantage of both units is, that you add another MMSI numbers, up to eight in total, which then will be alertet by such an closed loop message.
The number itself could be easily programmed into the units.
But how could I do the programming?
- Programmierung by your DSC VHF radio
- Programming by Bluetooth with our App for iOS/Android
Programmierung by your DSC VHF radio
(Only on our easyRESCUE-PRO(BT))
- Settings within your VHF radio (Following steps could differ by each manufacturer):
- Open your DSC menu
- Press „Individual Call“
- Press „Manual“
- Insert the MMSI of your easyRESCUE-PRO(BT). You´ll find nine digits on the backside of your unit.
- Activate the programming mode on your easyRESCUE-PRO(BT):
- Press TEST button on your easyRESCUE-PRO(BT) until you hear a few „beeps“.
- Wait until the TEST LED is fully ON. Now the programming mode is active, the internal DSC receiver is waiting for the message of your DSC VHF radio.
- Send out the DSC individual call by your VHF radio:
- Acknowledge the MMSI number you inserted before
- Press „Send“ Your DSC VHF radio is now transmitting a DSC individual call to your easyRESCUE-PRO(BT)
- ON your easyRESCUE-PRO(BT): It is now receiving this message. You can hear a few „beeps“ again as an acknowledge.
Programming by Bluetooth with our App for iOS/Android
(Works on both devices)
- Download the app from your known app store
- Set your unit into the programming mode.
- Press the TEST button for three seconds until you hear a few „beeps“.
- Wait until the TEST LED is fully ON
- Programming mode is now active
Note for easyONE-DSC-CL: Activation into the programming mode takes a little bit longer. Press the TEST button as long until the bright red LED start to blink. Now the unit seems to be off but there is an internal timer which takes approx. 20-30 seconds for activating the programming mode. Please wait until the TEST LED is fully ON.
Units with service date 04/2025 and newer: On this units, the TEST LED is blinking within the 20-30 seconds waiting time. Please go ahead if the TEST LED is fully ON.
- Please activate Bluetooth on your smart phone / tablet if not happened yet
- Start the app which you downloaded under 1.
- Select your device type (see figure 1)
- Push scan to start to search for your device (see figure 2 (1))
- After a successful scan you can see the serial number under (see figure 2 (2))
- Push the line on „Ships´s MMSI“ (see figure 2 (3))
- Select first line „ShipID #1“ and fill in your MMSI number (see figure 3)
The MMSI consists of nine digits, please take care when filling in your number.
Of course you can fill in up to eight numbers in total. (see figure 4)
- Press „Program“ on each line to save the MMSI number.
- Go to your DSC VHF radio into the main screen out of the menu.
- Select the TEST button on your unit in a few meters distance.
We recommend to use a second person to go out of your boat onto the dock. This prevents an overdriven signal on your VHF radio which could cause to a non-receiving signal.
- Your DSC VHF radio should now receive this Test message and will acknowledge this automatically.
- If not, press „ACK“ on your radio.
- Also your easyRESCUE-PRO(BT) will receive this message from your VHF radio and activates the internal buzzer. So you hear some „beeps“ there.
- Our easyONE-DSC-CL does NOT have a internal DSC receiver. So you could not acknowledge the TEST signal on your DSC VHF radio.
November 1st, 2018 – All Saints’ Day
Therefor our office will be closed on 1st and 2nd of November 2018.
We will process your requests as soon as possible.
Thank you for your understanding.
Since the end of 2000, the Automatic Identification System (AIS) has become a binding standard to improve the navigation and safety at sea. Position, course, speed, and other ship data are transmitted alternately on the two maritime VHF channels 161.975 MHz and 162.025 MHz. Per minute there are 2,250 Slots available for the transmission of AIS data telegrams.
Two methods are available for transmitting the AIS data telegrams.
On the one hand, the CSTDMA (Carrier Sense Time-Division Multiple Access) method, which is used primarily for pleasure boating (Class B). The CSTDMA method uses carrier-sensing to defer transmissions until no other stations are transmitting. If a free slot is found, the transmission starts. Than the transmission is stopped for a 30 second time interval before the next one starts.
On the other hand, there is the SOTDMA (Self-Organized Time-Division Multiple Access) technology, which was used only by commercial vessels (Class A) but is now also authorized for pleasure boating at Class B level. With the SOTDMA method only the first free slot for the transmission has to be found. The next five slots are always reserved automatically.
The following hierarchy results for the transmission of AIS data telegrams:
- Class A (commercial vessels) & SART (rescue transmitter)
- Class B SOTDMA (pleasure boating)
- Class B CSTDMA (pleasure boating)
The main advantages of the SOTDMA compared to the CSTDMA technology for pleasure boating (Class B) at a glace:
SOTDMA (Class B)Self-organized Time-Division Multiple Access
- + 5 watt transmission power
- Transmission interval up to every 15 sec. (depending on speed)
- Reservation of future slots
- Sending/receiving of text messages (addressing to MMSI possible)
- 2nd priority to Class A devices
CSTDMA (Class B)Carrier Sense Time-Division Multiple Access
- 2 watt transmission power
- Send interval every 30 sec. (fixed)
- no reservation of future slots
- no sending/receiving of text messages
- 3rd priority to Class A devices
Weatherdock will once again be represented in 2018 at the SMM in Hamburg and is, together with the long-standing exhibition partner vesseltracker.com, at an own booth. The SMM takes place every two years and is the leading trade fair in the maritime sector for shipbuilding and equipment. Visit us from 4th to 7th September 2018 in hall B6 at stand 405 and get to know our products first-hand.
We are looking forward to see You!
All information and appointment
On 10th of August 2018 Alfred Kotouczek-Zeise, CEO of the Weatherdock AG, was as an expert and speaker at the 2nd Techsurge in Chennai, India. The main topics of the conference were Safety, Security, Navigation and Technology for sustainable fishing.
The event is a platform for stakeholders on technology and innovation for sustainable fishing. The first Techsurge took place in June 2016 and was already a great success.
“I know the history of Weatherdock since the beginning and have finally become an employee of the company. That makes me very happy!”
From now on I take over the support of our business partners and distributors and I am available as contact person for questions with help and advice.
I would like to shortly introduce myself:
Age: 47 years
Married, one son (12 years)
Dipl.-Ing. (Univ.) for electrical engineering,
specializing in communications engineering
Since 1st of June 2018 Director Sales at Weatherdock
From 2008 to 2018 Sales Manager of SIPOS Aktorik
a supplier of components in international plant engineering
From 2002 to 2008 at DiehlControls
(key account manager, since 2006 team leader)
Development and production of electronics for household appliances
From 1990 to 2002 soldier of the Bundeswehr
(last Captain and Technical Officer of the Mountain Logistics Regiment 8)
Maintenance of defense equipment, additionally occupational safety engineer
Hobbies: family, cycling, history
Our online shop for lifejackets with integrated rescue transmitters from Weatherdock has got a new design. Browse through the shop and discover on our new page many helpful information about life vests and rescue transmitter. Choose from the various lifejackets and rescue transmitter models the right variant for your purposes.
Version 1.0 | Product: A10901 easyONE-DSC-CL | Size 2.603KB | Format: PDF Datei
On the following days in May 2018, our office will be closed due to public holidays or bridging days:
April 30th, 2018 – bridging day
May 1st, 2018 – Labor Day
May 10th, 2018 – Ascension of Christ
May 21st, 2018 – Whit Monday
May 31st, 2018 – Corpus Christi
We will process your requests as soon as possible.
Thank you for your understanding.
Post from the Caribbean …
… actually from Le Marin on the island of Martinique. One of our customers sent a big compliment to the Weatherdock team and of course our products in this way – “great service, great equipment!”.
The trip started in Italy and went via Barbados and Cuba to Trinidad – “always good, safe & easy thanks to AIS”. That makes us happy. It is very exciting for us to see where our customers are traveling around.
Many Thanks for the Postcard!
From time to time we update our devices regarding the firmware. Within that update we implement new functions or remove code issues. How to update the firmware, will be explained below.
- Your easyTRX2 / easyTRX2-S
- Connect it to power 12/24V DC, also connect USB to your Windows PC / Laptop
- If USB is not recognized, you can download the driver from here:
- Firmware of your device:
Download the right ZIP file for your device and unpack it to get the contained *.wdc file. This is the actual firmware you need.
- The latest Programming-Tool which you can download here:
That means also: Open the ZIP document and start the contained EXE file.
Updating the Firmware
- Open the Programming-Tool which you downloaded before. If applicable you´ll find a shortcut on your desktop.
- Select the right COM port of your device, mostly it’s the highest number. In our example its COM9
Wait until the bar is fully green.
- Now press File>Update
- Select “Open update file” and search for your firmware (*.wdc) which you downloaded before.
- Start the update by pressing “Start Update”
- Wait again until the bar is fille fully green and you see the popup window “Update successfully finished”.
- Done, your device is updated successfully
There is a firmware update for our AIS transmitters and receivers easyTRX2-S. For devices with N2K (NMEA2000) this fixes a bug that leads to an invalid GPS position.
The Weatherdock AG team wishes Happy Easter!
From March 30th 2018 until April 02nd 2018 our office will be closed due to the holidays. From April 03rd 2018 we are back as usual for you and answer your requests as soon as possible.
We thank you for your understanding and wish you happy holidays!
You can reach the Weatherdock service team with a direct telephone extension now. There you will be gladly helped with technical questions.
We are looking forward to your call at:
+49 (0)911 376638 57
Weatherdock presents the portable UKW position transmitter ALARIS100 at the GPEC (General Police Equipment Exhibition & Conference) for Live-GPS-Position-Reporting.
The topic of security is increasingly important. The 10th GPEC informs with 579 exhibitors and more than 5,500 visitors about news, trends and developments in the field of police and special equipment.
Weatherdock is a proud exhibitor of a real-time tracking system at this year’s exhibition. The specially developed ALARIS100 location transmitter, in conjunction with the RX2 S-LAN receiver unit, is a system for Live-GPS-Position-Reporting. With the handy transmitter, live positions of the individual task forces and groups can be sent to the operations center. Specially developed for law enforcement agencies and mobile operations groups, transmission is reliable and encrypted over FM frequencies.
Weatherdock will be represented in hall 11.0 at booth D018 at the GPEC. The closed specialized trade fair takes place 20th to 22nd of February 2018 in Frankfurt am Main.
Our new easyRESCUE-PRO app for Apple iPhone and iPad is now available for free on the App Store.
Both the easyRESCUE-PRO and the new easyONE-DSC-CL can be configured with this app. Via Bluetooth you can store up to 8 MMSI numbers. In case of an emergency an alert is sent by DSC to these ships.
With that holder the easyONE emergency transmitter is always ready at hand.
Whether on the deck or directly in the companionway, with the flexible holder the easyONE is safely stowed on board and quickly in hand in case of an emergency. The holder is weather-resistant and can be screwed or glued depending on the substrate.
- Color: red
Dimensions: 8 x 8 x 3,5 cm
- Material: shockproof plastic with gripping part made of rubbery, flexible plastic