FAQ - Frequently asked questions
Frequently asked questions about our products
Do you have a question about one of our products? Take a look at our FAQ, you will often find the right answer here.
FAQ: WiFi >>>
All Weatherdock WiFi products, such as easyAIS_WiFi, easyAIS-IS_WiFi, easyTRX2_WiFI and easyTRX2-IS_WiFi, are fully compatible with popular AIS navigational apps for iPad, iPhone or iPod, e.g.
- iNavX (charged)
- A new license is mandatory. An existig licens for Chart plotter is not useable.
- AIS Radar (charged)
- iPilot (charged)
- easyAIS(free in Appstore(Apple) and Playstore(Google))
All Weatherdock WiFi-devices are also compatible to the charged Android-App iRegatta.
The WiFi units are ready for the usage with Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7 while system is running 32 bit.
Please use following values to connect to your WiFi-device:
Ip adress: 192.168.10.1
You´ll find password and network name underneath your device.
- Connect to your easyTRX2S WiFi network (network name SSID and Password are found at the bottom of your unit).
- Open your AIS Software
- Go to the Software settings page
- Select somewhere AIS data and Data source
- Standard: TCP/IP, IP: 192.168.16.254 Port 8080
- Older WiFi-Units: TCP/IP, IP: 192.168.10.1 Port: 5101
If you software does NOT support data by TCP-IP connection, you need to generate a virtual COM-Port.
Here we recommend to use the tool from www.eterlogic.com, here TCP-Data are virtually send to a COM-Port.
This new COM-Port is the source in your AIS Software for AIS data.
When you need further assistance you can send us an email to email@example.com