FAQ - Frequently asked questions
Frequently asked questions about our products
Do you have a question about one of our products? Take a look at our FAQ, you will often find the right answer here.
- Connect to your easyTRX2S WiFi network (network name SSID and Password are found at the bottom of your unit).
- Open your AIS Software
- Go to the Software settings page
- Select somewhere AIS data and Data source
- Standard: TCP/IP, IP: 192.168.16.254 Port 8080
- Older WiFi-Units: TCP/IP, IP: 192.168.10.1 Port: 5101
If you software does NOT support data by TCP-IP connection, you need to generate a virtual COM-Port.
Here we recommend to use the tool from www.eterlogic.com, here TCP-Data are virtually send to a COM-Port.
This new COM-Port is the source in your AIS Software for AIS data.
When you need further assistance you can send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The easyTRX3 has a non removeable integrated SD card.
All received AIS targets and the own position is saved.
By USB you can read-out the SD card.
To do that, please first connect the unit with the programming tool and activate that mode.
Please note that within that time, there is no recording of AIS targets and own position.
For more details please have a look into the manual or follow the instructions within the programming tool.
We are using a 4 or 8 GB micro SD card.
With an AIS traffic of e.g. 20% you can safe up to 2 or 4 months.
Rule of thumb: 2GB per month on an AIS traffic with 20%
On an AIS traffic with 20%: 20% x 75 slots/sec = 15 Messages per sec.
Each message has 50 characters -> 15 x 50 = 750 characters.
In additon the RMC (own position) is saved which has 66 characters -> 750 + 66 = 816 characters per second
One month has 2.592.000 seconds -> 2.592.000 x 816 characters = 2.115.072.000 -> 2GB
Following instruction is only valid for our easyTRX3 units and its derivate!
- Please connect by USB to your easyTRX3
- Prese “Info/Update on the bottom left corner
- Press “Factory Reset”
- Press “Get Key” and you´ll get 16 digits and letters
- Mark the whole Key-Field numbers/letters
- rightclick with your mouse and press “copy”
- Copy exactly that 16 digits/letters within an mail
- Send that mail with an information to reset the unit to:
- email@example.com or
- Give us a call under: +49 (0)911 376638-57.
- After you received the PIN back from us please insert that four digits/numbers inside the right field
- After doing the reset, the tool will be closed automatically
- Start the Programming-Tool again if you want to insert new ship datas.
Yes and no,
if you connect the easyTRX3 only by USB, only the microcontroller is active!
That`s fine for programming your shipdata already at home.
There is an easy reason for that:
The max. current from your USB socket is approx. 500mA.
But if the easyTRX3 should transmitt, we need for 26ms a current of 2A.
Thats absolutely too much for USB.
If you are connected by USB only, following parts are inactive:
-WiFi deactivated, if available
-GPS receiver and internal antenna deactivated
-AIS transmitter and receiver deaktivated
If you are connected by USB only you´ll see following LEDs:
Please connect the USB cable to your PC or Laptop directly to a free USB slot.
Using an external USB-Hub, we recommend to use one with an own external power supply.
After connected well, you should see an COM-Port within the Programming-Tool.
Try the highest number first. If its not the right, just select another and press “Connect”.
You´ll be forwarded to the next page automatically.
If you don´t see any COM-Port please try to use another USB-Slot directly on your PC/Laptop.
You´ll find it here:
Also you could search it under:
Information>Download>Software & Drivers>easyTRX3
With some MAC OS versions starting the easyTRX3 programming tool can cause the following error message:
“App cannot be opened because it is from an unidentified developer”
This Error comes from a Mac internal “gatekeeper”, which is supposed to prevent malware from getting onto the PC via unknown apps.
Since this tool is the first we developed for Mac, we are not yet certified here.
We assure you that our software is not infected with malware!
If you experience this error, please follow the instructions below: